Helping Prevent Homelessness and Hunger in Our Community
- If you are a resident of Sunnyvale, CA or Alviso, CA and are experiencing a financial emergency, we are here to help.
- If you are finding that you don’t have enough money left over to buy food after paying your rent and utility bills, we are here to help.
- If you have children going to school and cannot afford a backpack or basic school supplies, we are here to help.
- Sunnyvale Community Services provides emergency assistance, information/referral services, and food programs to families, individuals, and seniors living in Sunnyvale zip codes: 94085, 94086, 94087, 94088, and 94089.
- Financial Assistance and Case Management is available to ALVISO residents in zip code 95002.
- We offer many vital services to Veterans and Veteran families in Santa Clara County who are facing hunger and financial distress including, case management, supportive services, and assistance in obtaining and maintaining housing.
- SCS has been working with Senior Adult Legal Services (SALA) in making legal services available to Santa Clara County residents who are age 60 or older. Services are provided on site on select Thursdays and appointments are made with the front office. Please visit www.sala.org for more information.
For more information about the services we provide and/or what documents are required, please call our main phone number at (408) 738-4321 and ask to speak to a caseworker.
What to Bring
To enroll in our Food Programs please bring in the following documents:
- Picture ID for all applicants over 18.
- Proof of Sunnyvale residency: current PG&E bill, phone bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- Family members under 18 years old: birth certificate, current school records i.e. enrollment verification, current medical records, or public benefit statements.
- Additional documentation may be required for financial assistance consideration.
725 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Monday - Friday
9:00 - 11:30 AM | 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
1st / 3rd Saturdays: 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Please bring your donation to the side (warehouse) door. If it is not open, please ring the bell and someone will come and open the door.
Important: Please note that we do not accept used items, or packaged food donations that are opened or past their expiration date. Thank you!
Founded in 1970, Sunnyvale Community Services is an independent, nonprofit emergency assistance agency. Our mission is to prevent homelessness and hunger for low-income families and seniors facing temporary crises. We provide financial aid, food, and other support that prevents larger problems with more expensive solutions.