Exposing children to the concept of giving back is very important to many families and to SCS. Please note, however, that our warehouse environment does not accommodate volunteer experiences for children younger than 16.
We do encourage the following family activities which are very helpful to SCS and can stimulate great conversation and discovery for you and your children. See our wish list page for specific donation needs. Feel free to bring your children with you when you donate items to SCS.
- Family shopping trips monthly to purchase items specifically for SCS donation
- Establish a relationship with a local retailer to pickup damaged food, cleaning products, toilet paper, or other staple household items on a regular basis.
- Collect hotel/motel toiletries while traveling or on vacation. We distribute hygiene kits of toothpaste, shampoo, soaps, lotions, and disposable razors to low-income and homeless clients.
- Buy new books for low-income children. Feel free to wrap them and include a personal note (first names only please).
- Buy new socks and or gloves for the homeless. Feel free to wrap them and include a personal note (first names only please).
Questions about volunteering?
SCS Volunteer Manager
408.738.4321 ext. 211