Volunteer - Adult Individuals
SCS relies on the amazing dedication of hundreds of volunteers to pack, sort, distribute and deliver food to Sunnyvale residents. Volunteers generally start out participating our food distribution program and often grow into other volunteer duties over time based on needs and skills.
At this time, SCS does not have any opportunities for court ordered volunteer hours.
* Our online application must be filled out along with receiving a confirmation email prior to coming onsite
* Shifts are subject to cancellation and change
* Shift requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability
* We do not have weekend volunteer opportunities at this time
Volunteers help sort, pack, load groceries inside our warehouse or work assigned positions outdoors for our client drive through distribution.
Distributions take place the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- The ability to lift 25-30lbs repeatedly is required.
- You must be able to be on your feet and moving around for the shift.
- You must be able to commit to the entire shift
If you like to create handicrafts, knit, crochet, or quilt, come join our Auxiliary. Each year the Auxiliary hosts a spring and fall Craft Fair with all proceeds benefiting Sunnyvale Community Services. The Auxiliary meets on a regular basis. For dates and times and more information, please contact the SCS Auxiliary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Almost every day of the week we can use additional help in our warehouse moving boxes, retrieving groceries from local retailers, cleaning, sorting and more. If you enjoy manual labor and can walk around for 3 hours and can lift at least 35 lbs repeatedly, please contact us. We do ask for an ongoing weekly commitment. Various times are available on a weekly basis. This is a great position for students looking for volunteer hours.